The Chancellor is responsible for the following areas:
- Oversee the materials in the vaults, chancery files, library, sacramental records and priest ordination documents.
- Collect data for the Roman Documents, Official Catholic Directory and Wisconsin Pastoral Handbook.
- Coordinate and circulate diocesan communications: Chancery bulletin, pastoral letters, obituaries and other Chancery mailings.
- Coordinate appointments and elections for Presbyteral Council and St. Pius Priest Fund.
- Serve as liaison to:
- Diocesan Pastoral Council
- Respect Life Office
- Dioces an Retreat Program
- Provide support for evangelization efforts in the diocese.
In the light of Vatican II, church documents and the mission of the diocese, the Chancellor sees to it that the acts of the Curia are gathered, arranged and safeguarded in the archives of the Curia. By virtue of the office, the Chancellor is the notary and secretary of the Curia.