Papal Audience are held on Wednesdays if the Pope is in Rome, giving pilgrims and visitors the chance to "see the Pope" and receive the Papal Blessing or Apostolic Blessing from the successor of the Apostle Peter during their visit.
The Audience with the Pope consists of small teachings and readings mainly in Italian but also in English, French, German, Spanish, Polish, Portuguese and sometimes other languages depending on groups visiting.
Papal Audience Tickets are entirely FREE!
For more information contact:
Prefecture of the Papal Household
00120 Vatican City State
Fax: +39 06 6988 5863
Or click on this link: http://www.pnac.org/
Requests for Papal Blessings on parchment can be sent to the Elemosineria Apostolica - Office of Papal Charities only by regular post or by fax (but not by e-mail)
The request should include:
- the name, surname and address of the person making the request;
- the name and surname of the person(s) for whom the blessing is being requested;
- the reason or occasion prompting the request;
- the date, the name of the Church and the address are required when the blessing is requested for the celebration of a sacrament, a religious profession or an anniversary;
- the address of where to send the parchment and payment details.
The payment should be made after you receive the Papal blessing. It is possible to make the payment in one of two ways:
- via a bank transfer (the banking coordinates will be sent to you in the same parcel as the parchment)
- or by online credit card payment via our website.
The account will reflect:
- the cost of the parchment (ranging from 13 to 25 euros according to the model chosen by the office for the specific occasion)
- and the postage costs (outside Italy according to the destination). For normal postage 10-16 euros or with express courier (DHL) 18-30 euros.
The time required for receiving the parchment is approximately one month from the date when the request is received.
Requests made by telephone are not admitted.
3. Circumstances for which parchment papal blessings are granted
The Apostolic Blessing is granted for the following occasions:
1. Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation
3. Priestly Ordination
4. Religious Profession
5. Secular Consecration
6. Ordinations of Permanent Deacons
7. Marriage Anniversaries (10, 25, 40, 50 , 60 years)*, Priestly Ordination, Religious Profession
8. Birthdays (18, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100)*
9. Catholic individuals or families (with name and surname of the spouses united in a religious marriage).
The asterisk (*) indicates the need for the nihil obstat or approval of ecclesiastical authority.
Requests for papal blessings for other occasions will not be accepted.
|Postal Address:||Elemosineria Apostolica
00120 Vatican City
|Telephone:||(+39) 06.69873279 - (+39) 06.69871100
(office hours: 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
[UTC+1 : CET - Central European Time])
The Holy Father offers blessings for Catholics for special occasions such as Baptisms, Confirmations, marriages, birthdays, and anniversaries. A general blessing from the Pope for no specific occasion may also be requested. Papal blessings come in the form of printed certificates or parchment with the name(s) of the recipient(s) and the occasion inscribed on them. Many people treasure these certificates as important symbols of sacraments and other special occasions.
Requests for papal blessings are no longer done through the Diocese, but rather, by each person requesting the Blessing.
The following information is required in your request:
How long will it take before I receive my Papal Blessing?
Since the letter is sent to Rome where the blessings are issued, the whole process will take at least 3-4 weeks and up to about 3 months.
What kinds of Papal Blessings are available?
Papal blessings are available in two formats: