The parish Business Manager works closely with the pastor and the parish finance council in overseeing all financial aspects of the parish, including, but not limited to, collections, budgets, payroll, insurance and all secular business matters.
In general, a Business Manager provides the following functions (although these responsibilities may vary from parish to parish):
1. Coordinates and facilitates development of all parish budgets.
2. Prepares financial statements on a regular basis and provide analysis of variances from the budget.
3. Coordinates audits, internal controls, investments, insurance and the retirement plan.
4. Supervises the bookkeeping function and ensure that the uniform parish accounting system is used.
5. Conducts regular meetings with the finance council and pastor on important financial issues.
6. Oversees parish buildings and maintenance.
7. Coordinates all parish fund raising efforts.
8. Supervise all parish purchases.
9. Performs any other pertinent duties as assigned by the pastor.