1. Only twenty-seven (27) parishes have a formal relationship with other Christian and non-Christian faith groups in their communities and work with other faith groups on community issues. Seventeen (17) parishes do not have any relationship with other faith groups.
2. Thirty-eight (38) parishes offer little or no support for families and family life.
3. Thirty-two (32) parishes have no program to welcome new members into their faith community. Only six (6) parishes try to introduce new members to parishioners with similar interests.
4. The overall population in the sixteen county area that comprises the Diocese of Superior has increased slightly (5%) in the past ten years. The reported total registered Catholic membership in the diocese has decreased over 5% in the past five years. Thirteen (13) parishes reported a significant increase (>10%) in registered membership; thirty-five (35) parishes reported a significant decrease (>10%) in registered membership. The number of registered households has decreased over 10% in the past five years.
5. Total Mass Attendance in the diocese has decreased about 10%; only twelve (12) parishes reported a significant increase (>10%) in Mass Attendance over the past five years.
6. Only forty-seven (47) parishes have trustees who are fulfilling their roles as described in the Revised Corporate By-Laws.
7. Only twenty-one (21) parishes offer follow-up support for recipients and their families after the reception of one or more of the following Sacraments: Baptism, Confirmation, First Eucharist, and First Reconciliation; one parish offers follow-up support for all four sacraments.
8. Eight (8) parishes offer follow-up support for the newly married.
9. Thirty-nine (39) parishes promote reception of the Sacrament of Reconciliation with Rite II and have at least 30% of members receive the sacrament at least annually.
10. Forty-one (41) parishes have, or participate in, a Religious Education Committee that meets regularly.
11. Only eleven (11) parishes have a plan to reach out to and evangelize the un-churched in their communities.
12. Less than half of the parishes (48) offer a faith formation program designed for adults.
13. Only six (6) parishes have a committee dedicated to the promotion of religious vocations. Two parishes offer individual guidance for individuals who are discerning a religious vocation.
14. Thirty-seven (37) parishes offer a religious education program that is designed to accommodate special needs students. Fifteen (15) parishes provide training for catechists who are instructing students with special needs and include special needs students in regular classes as much as they are able.
15. Only forty-eight (48) parishes have at least 60% of catechists who are certified and also have all catechists working to achieve the next level of certification.
16. Nine (9) parishes report that they are not in complete compliance with diocesan Safe Environment requirements which include appropriate documentation at the parish and diocesan levels. Five other parishes do not have their own faith formation program for children and youth.
17. Thirty-four (34) parishes have fewer than four students in at least three grades in their religious education program.
18. Sixty-eight (68) parishes have less than an 85% rate of participation by registered youth (kindergarten through Confirmation) in a religious education program offered by that parish. Thirty-three (33) parishes have less than a 50% participation level among children and youth.
19. Seventy-two (72) parishes had fewer than 20% of registered members who contributed to the Diocesan Catholic School special collection. Only fourteen parishes had over 40% participation.
20. Indicator responses and summary comments indicate a general lack of understanding of the meaning of Stewardship. Only seventeen (17) parishes have a Stewardship Committee.
21. At least seventy-four (74) parishes need to use proceeds from special fund-raisers to meet regular operating expenses.
22. Over 85% of all parishes needed to use general operating funds to meet the annual parish DSA goals in at least one of the past five years.
23. The annual contribution per household has decreased in forty-two (42) parishes.
24. Seventy-two (72) parishes have accepted the responsibility of maintaining at least one cemetery. Fewer than eleven (11) of these cemeteries has sufficient investment income from the Cemetery Perpetual Care Fund to finance the routine maintenance of that cemetery. At least nine (9) of these cemeteries are not regularly maintained.