The history of the Diocese of Superior dates back to the 17th century. Our Journey Through Faith offers a glimpse into the historic events that played a role in the growth of Catholicism in Northern Wisconsin. Diocese of Superior - Statistics
Our Journey through Faith: A History of the Diocese of Superior,
In 1910, Ss. Peter and Paul Parish was organized as a mission of Weyerhaeuser. Serving mainly Polish immigrants, the parish then became a mission of St. Stanislaus, Lublin. By June 1915, Bishop Joseph M. Koudelka dedicated the first church. This church served the parish until the 1970s, when a modern parish complex, including a church, rectory and parish hall, replaced it. In 1993, a pipe organ was added to the church. As the priest shortage grew, parish clustering began. Gilman first joined the parishes in Donald and Lublin as part of a cluster. When the Donald parish closed, Gilman was clustered with St. Stanislaus, Lublin, St. John the Apostle, Sheldon, and St. Michael, Jump River.
REFERENCE: Our Journey through Faith: A History of the Diocese of Superior,
by Sam Lucero, 2005.