The history of the Diocese of Superior dates back to the 17th century. Our Journey Through Faith offers a glimpse into the historic events that played a role in the growth of Catholicism in Northern Wisconsin. Diocese of Superior - Statistics
Our Journey through Faith: A History of the Diocese of Superior,
Located on the Lac Courte Oreilles Reservation in Sawyer County, St. Ignatius Church dates back to 1884, when St. Anthony Church was established to serve the Ojibwa people. The church was partially erected by Franciscan Fr. Casimir Vogt and completed during the pastorate of Franciscan Fr. Sylvester Buschkuhler. The present church was built in 1934 under the patronage of St. Ignatius in New Post. Today diocesan priests serve the parish.